(gtaq.zip, 10,394,821 bytes)
- Some of the cars from GTA2
- All the gangs from GTA2
- New player weapons: Flamethrower, electrogun, molotov cocktails & machine gun
- Car weapons: Machine guns, mines, oil slicks, car bomb
- Only levels so far are gq_test1 (Modified Fragtown 5) and gq_test2
- Bad vehicle physics
- Very bad models
- Even worse skins
- Probably quite a few nasty bugs
Simply unzip to a new directory (e.g. 'gtaq') inside Quake.
Then, launch the game and bind the following aliases (defined in autoexec.cfg):
|Bind +gtaq_forward to your usual forward key, and it will operate player and car movement|
|Ditto, bind for both player & car movement|
|gtaq_use||Use an item; IIRC the only use so far is getting in/out of cars|
|gtaq_stats||Display some stats about yourself|
|gtaq_help||List the controls|
|gtaw_steeringlock||Toggle the 'steering lock', allowing you to freely move the camera in, e.g.,
Player weapon slots
- Axe/Molotov cocktails
- Shotgun/Machine gun
- Double barrel shotgun
- Super nailgun
- Grenade launcher/Flamethrower
- Rocket launcher
- Lightning gun/Electrogun
Car weapon slots
- Horn (Not implemented)
- Machine guns
- Oil slicks
- Car bomb (Press fire to start 5sec fuse). This will activate slot 8 to signal that the bomb is armed
- Turret weapons
- Siren (Not implemented)
The gang system
You are able to join gangs by walking into one of their recruitment centres; in gq_test2 these are underneath the big
blocks of earth you see floating above the ground. You will then be able to take over 'free' sections of territory; see
the supplied demos for more info.
- Space (i.e. jump) *should* work as the handbrake, but don't expect to be able to pull great skids quite yet. It will
also allow you to hover the helicopter - keep it held down and you will be able to turn to face any direction without
- If someone steals a car which you've stuck a bomb in, then it explodes when they enter.
- It helps if you use 'deathmatch 1' when you play, otherwise dieing will reload the level.
- Also you may need to use '-winmem 16', '-winmem 32', etc. when you launch if it keeps crashing/running slowly.
- To get in a car, get as close as you can to a door then press the use key.
- At the moment, all the cars handle exactly the same.
- Getting caught in a ped/car spawn point while in a car will get you killed.
- You can't (yet) pickup powerups, runes or keys while in cars.
- The key slots are now taken up by weapons, so will work as each other in SP games (Pick up a key -> get a weapon.
Unlock a door -> lose a wepaon).
- Fix bugs
- Improve car physics
- Improve other stuff
- Add horns and sirens
- Add more vehicles which have turret weapons (jeep, fire truck)
- Add trains
- Add hovercraft and mini subs
- Add RC planes
- Add job system (Full multiplayer support)
- Improve models and skins
- Add more cars
- Add support for multiple people in the same car
- Add long vehicles
- Tweak damage system (e.g. peds weaker, rockets stronger, explosions causing fire, etc)
- Add proper police (e.g. roadblocks, getting arrested, etc)
- Add radio support (GTA CD, GTA London CD, any CD, and maybe GTA2 music (290MB of wav's!))
- Add kill frenzies and Hordes Of Elvis Impersonators (TM)
bombtime.wav purloined from TFC for Half-Life
engine sounds either purloined from one of the various Quake Rally incarnations, probably Gold Cup Beta
some vehicle models and things (e.g. vehicle mines) purloined from AirQuake